Inspired by my recent Podcasts post, here are my current YouTube subscriptions:
Reducing Car Dependency
- Not Just Bikes: A Canadian living in Amsterdam teaching how cars ruin cities.
- Strong Towns: Strong Towns tends to take an economic approach in arguing for reducing car dependency in cities. Cars: they’re not just bad for the environment, our health, and traffic, they’re also bad for our cities’ finances.
- Atlanta Track Club: Mostly short promotional videos, but I’m an ATC member, so figured I’d subscribe.
- BikeBlogger: This guy videos his bike commute to work. A nice peaceful discussion of a topic with the background of a flywheel and commute commentary. “UP the hill, UP the hill”.
- Global Cycling Network: They put out a ton of content, most of it very good and interesting.
- Park Tool: Bicycle maintenance instructions, tips, and products.
- Phil Gaimon: Fun cycling videos from an ex-pro.
- The Mocko Show: Entertaining videos following the training of runner Chris Mocko. I haven’t seen a new video in a disappointingly long time though.
- Alex: Formerly titled “French Guy Cooking”, Alex takes obsessive deep dives into different cooking topics with a heavy dose of engineering.
- Pailin’s Kitchen: The best Thai cooking channel/website I’ve found. Videos for every recipe on Hot Thai Kitchen. It is a game changer when learning a new cuisine.
- Peaceful Cuisine: Calming videos of the host cooking. No words, just the sounds of food prep and soothing background music.
- April Wilkerson: Building things. All kinds of things.
- Ex Materia Woodworking: A friend of mine and a fine woodworker.
- Highland Woodworking: A local woodworking shop with a global reach.
- RenaissanceWW: Woodworking with hand tools.
- treebangham: The most wholesome woodworking videos you’ll ever see.